Tired of entering the login password each time when accessing the user interface of Netgear extender? Then you may be looking for an easy way to escape from entering the password again and again while logging in to mywifiext. Luckily, you can do so. In this article, we are going to guide you on how to turn off or on password protection on your Netgear range extender. Let’s get started.
Before going further, we want to share some basic knowledge about password protection feature.
Password protection stops unauthorized access to mywifiext.net i.e. user interface of the extender. By default, this function is turned on but you can turn off to access the admin interface without typing login details.
Without taking your more time, let’s tell you how to disable password protection on your range extender. Here are the steps:
Turn off password protection
- Power on the range extender.
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect the computer to a wired or wireless connection.
- Install an internet browser like Chrome, Firefox, Explorer or Edge on it, if already not.
- Launch the browser and type net local in the URL bar.
- Enter the username and mywifiext password for login.
- Go to the password settings.
- Choose password off option to disable password protection.
- Apply the settings by clicking on save button.
That’s how you can turn off password protection on the extender. However, one common issue that almost all users face is they cannot open mywifiext.net. To fix this issue, follow the below-given steps:
- Check the web address you have entered once.
- Exit the browser window and open it again.
- Turn off your computer for some time and turn it on again.
- Make sure that you have entered com in the URL bar, not in the search bar.
- If the web browser has accumulated a lot of history, delete it right away.
- Use the latest version of web browser.
- Update the firmware of your Netgear extender.
- Verify if your computer is receiving high speed of internet.
- Use the correct mywifiext.net login password.
- Disconnect the computer from connected network and connect it again but after a couple of minutes.
- Try refreshing your computer.
- Use another web browser.
- If net not working, make use of the default IP address of router for login rather than the web address.
- Make sure the CPU is working properly.
- Look for loose wired connections. If any, tight them immediately.
If you still face mywifiext.net error, feel free to get connected with our online tech executives. They will provide you appreciated solutions so that you can fix all issues with the extender and mywifiext.net without leaving your couch.
Turn on password protection
The steps will remain the same as that of disabling password protection. Only one step is changed i.e. step 8: choose the password on option and enable the password protection on your Netgear wireless range extender.
Edit username, password and set password recovery
Want to change your mywifiext.net login password? Allow us to explain the steps in details:
- Switch on the computer.
- After a couple of minutes, turn on the range extender by plugging it into a wall socket.
- Make a reliable connection between your computer and network.
- Launch your favorite web browser.
- Go to net setup webpage.
- Fill in the username and password.
- Once done, click on login button.
- Navigate to password settings.
- Type new username and password.
- Don’t forget to select the password recovery option.
- Finally, click on save button to let the setting changes take into effect.
Congrats! You have set up the new username and password for your Netgear range extender. From now onwards, make use of these credentials for mywifiext login.